Having a specific place to get things done makes the work so much easier. When every tool, piece of equipment, and small item has its unique home…you know precisely how to get the job done. A pole barn shop can provide that place for you. These shops are uniquely built and cost-effective to ensure you have everything you need for your hobby or small business.
Pole Barn Shop Ideas
How many uses does a pole barn shop have? Honestly, unlimited. Whatever your dream business is, or however you want to earn your side hustle…a pole barn shop can give you the space you need to run after your calling. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Pole Barn Auto Shop – Fixing cars has never been easier with your own pole barn shop. These structures can go up quickly and provide you with ample space to take care of any automotive needs. Install lifts, shelving, and other things to provide the best service for yourself and your customers.
- Pole Barn Wood Shop – It could be a job or just a hobby…but no matter what, a pole barn can allow you to work on your favorite projects. Build that farmhouse table your wife has been talking about. Create the perfect dining room chair. Spin a piece of wood into a bat for your children on your lathe! All of these can happen in your pole barn shop.
- Pole Barn Construction Shop – A step above a woodshop, a pole barn construction shop can be the best place to have everyone working together on projects. A construction pole barn is a great choice, whether you make sheds, pavilions, office furniture, or anything else.
- Pole Barn Farm Shop – An agricultural pole barn could be the shop that works best for you. House animals, feed, and machinery to take care of them! You can also custom design a pole barn shop to store all of your crops.
- Pole Barn Etsy Shop – Having a small home office works until it doesn’t. When your business/hobby outgrows your current space, what do you do? A pole barn shop is a great and affordable answer! Design your new space to ensure your customers get what they need when they need it.
- Pole Barn Computer Shop – If there is one thing you can count on, it’s computers having random and chaotic issues. If you are a tech whiz, a pole barn shop can be the best solution for a place to fix computers. Bring your clientele to your brand new office/workshop space!
- Pole Barn Shed Workshop – For you, choosing a different style of workshop could be just right. Picking a smaller office/working space is not only cost-effective but also property effective as well. Work in your own backyard with a shed pole barn.
It is also important to note that most people add garage doors to their shop! A space with two functions is never a bad thing. If you need some help coming up with the layout and look of your pole barn shop, Pinterest has some great images and pole buildings!
Pole Barn Shop House
One of the cool things about pole shops is that you can genuinely make them anything you want them to be. Did you know your pole barn can also include a living space above it? A pole barn shop house has an entire livable space above the working area.
Now, you can work on your calling below and live your life above! This can also be a simple guest house for when you have family and friends over. Putting a 2nd floor on your pole barn shop can be great to just spend time in as well. A pole barn can also be an option for adult kids that are back home!
Pole Barn Shop Plans
Googling pole barn shop plans will bring up a few different options that may work for you. You can also submit a free quote to a company (like us), and we will be able to walk you through the plan and how your project will be accomplished.
The different things in the plans could be;
- Wall Heigh
- Garage Doors
- Entry Doors
- + More
We want to make sure you are fully aware of the process, and then you can give us your specifics on how we can make your shop unique to you! If you’d like to learn more about the building process, check out our article on pole barn framing!
Pole Barn Shop Interior Ideas
No matter how you are using your pole barn shop, here are some great interior ideas you can utilize to maximize your pole barn.
This is a great area to be able to sit and work. No matter what you are working on, a workbench can allow you the proper location to create your business while in your new pole building.
Whether for storing products or displaying accomplishments… suitable shelving in your pole barn shop can be very helpful. Making sure you have an organized workspace is one of the keys to your business success!
Much like a garage, a pole barn shop can include cabinets for the proper storage of your materials. Cabinets can also keep your space looking organized and clean!
These are mainly for agricultural pole barn shops. Stalls are the best way to house animals and give them their own spaces.
Whatever projects you are working on, it is always a good idea to have an excess of outlets to be able to run the proper tools and machinery.
- High Ceilings
If you are working on cars, it is a good idea to make sure you have high enough ceilings to get underneath with ease.
Pole Barn Shop Cost
It is tough to determine the cost of a pole barn shop without any prior knowledge. One thing you can be sure of is that a pole barn shop will be less expensive than a traditional building shop. The way we determine a pole barn shop cost is through our free quote form! Figuring out a pole barn shop cost means that we need to know:
- Size – How large is your property space where you want to place your pole barn?
- Pole Building Style – (Agricultural, Shed, Commercial, Barndominium, Garages)
- Wall Height – Do you want excess wall height for special projects?
- # Of Windows – Do you want a lot of natural light streaming into your new structure?
- # Of Doors – How many and what type of doors will bring your pole barn shop to the next level.
- Extras – Is there anything you have dreamed about for your new shop?
All of these choices combined will give us the ability to provide you with your pole barn cost!
Pole Barn Shop Build
Wiring A Pole Barn Shop
While we can add electricity to your pole barn, we do not recommend trying to wire your pole barn shop yourself unless you have the experience. If you decide that you would like electricity after the fact, it is better to contact an electrician.
Pole Barn Shop Lights
Good lighting in your pole barn shop can be something small but ultimately important. You will be spending a good amount of time in that structure, so making sure you have the lighting you need will not only help complete projects but will also help your eyes as you work.
Our Pole Barn Shops
Since we have built over 2000 pole barns, you can bet that we have created a few shops along the way. We would be delighted to help you create a workspace that you can call your own. Submit a free quote to receive a phone call within days. We can’t wait to hear from you!